About Me

My photo
Wife to Sean, police officer and carpenter. Mom to Maeve, 5 year old fashionista who happens to have an extra chromosome. And 1 year old Michael, future Steeler and ladies man. This is my attempt to share the behind the scenes of a real housewife who idolizes Martha Stewart, follows in the family footsteps in the art of sewing, navigates the world of special needs and tries to keep her head above water.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Missing in Action

Yes, I have been missing in action...

Long story short, I haven't been to the doctors since my daughter, Maeve, was born. Three years ago...

Why? Because my insurance ended a few months after that.

And I am not one to take from the system - I don't believe in it. In my opinion, health care is a privilege, not a right. I know this would greatly distress my relatives who tried their hardest to raise me "left"...

News flash - I belong to the "evil, right" - the Dark Side!

Anywho...
I have health insurance again, since I had the privilege of marrying my hubby. So I finally went to the doctor.

Bad idea. Now I know how old I am. Those stray silver threads in my hair are nothing compared to the wake-up call of visiting your friendly PCP.

I have been having terrible pains in my hands, predominately my right. And it has been getting worse and worse. I mentioned that along with my laundry list of aches and pains and complaints. I mean, I am falling apart at the seams. Forget my exploding head (Glenn Beck-ism), wrap the rest of me in duct tape!



Turns out I have carpal tunnel. Ah-ha! I should have seen that one coming!

So, I have been trying to not do anything that aggravates my hand - typing being one them. My excuse for being MIA.

Or maybe I should say Away Without Leave... oh wait, that is a another post all together...

4 comments:

  1. Ouch, hope that gets better soon! I'd just die if I couldn't goof off on my computer, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, you must find a voice activated keyboard, err something. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI! I live just north of you and found your blog through Bethany's. That's great about the health insurance. I've been there. PA doesn't do much for adults without insurance anyway, unless your pg.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, sorry to hear about that Gina. Hope you find some relief soon. If you want to hear about an herbal medicine that helped my mom's carpel tunnel to the point of her not needing any surgery on hands that were both requiring immediate surgery... Let me know :)

    ReplyDelete