About Me

My photo
Wife to Sean, police officer and carpenter. Mom to Maeve, 5 year old fashionista who happens to have an extra chromosome. And 1 year old Michael, future Steeler and ladies man. This is my attempt to share the behind the scenes of a real housewife who idolizes Martha Stewart, follows in the family footsteps in the art of sewing, navigates the world of special needs and tries to keep her head above water.

Monday, January 4, 2010

Welcome 2010

2010 - a new year is here. I didn't make any resolutions, but I have some goals. One was to attempt to maintain a blog of all ramblings. There are a lot.

I also wanted to start working out again, so I started the Couch to 5K running program. I am not a runner, so this will be interesting. I do workout, so it is not so much the getting in shape that will prove difficult, but the challenge to finish something new and actually run a 5K. Without my knees giving out too, I should add.

Today, I completed w1D1 and it didn't kill me, so that's good. I do however have to get better running shoes - good excuse to go shopping.

So, it's not an interesting first post, but if you read it - thanks! I needed that!

4 comments:

  1. wow. seems like everyone is doing the couch to 5k!! good luck!!! and congrats on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YaY Gina, welcome to the world of blogging. Look forward to following your family news :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the new blog ! ! !

    Since you are going to try to work up to a 5k run, I thought I would just share something that I think is appalling. I was in Dicks Sporting Goods recently and was in line checking out when I spotted something. Bottled Oxygen. Are you kidding me? It even had flavors. Come on people.....really now. Why would anybody in their right mind pay for Oxygen? I've seen the oxygen bar fad in nightclubs and such, but bottling it? This has to be the most asinine thing I have ever seen. Are we going to be taxed next on how much air we breathe? I'm sure there are people who are going to say that there are health benefits to this. They are probably the same people who say that bottled water in a plastic bottle is good for you though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HEY! Welcome to the Blogging world!. I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete